Thursday 10 March 2011

Disintegration

As I sit, listening to the ebb and flow of barroom conversation and laughter
Washing around the rock of my isolation, my dislocation from the world
I think of all the words that passed between us that day
When the dam of our love was breached by cataracts of frustration
Pressure from without and within inexorably finding the fatal flaw
Bringing the edifice crashing down around us, nothing left but smashed remains
Of what once seemed glittering, imperishable, till death do us part solidity
Now revealed in all its meretricious hollowness, swept away by life's pitiless tide

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I love this. You're an awesome writer. Keep it up man! I wish I could write like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Soraya
    Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time and trouble to read and comment. I enjoy my writing, and always try and write to the best of my ability, so it's nice to know that some of what I produce is well received. Thanks again.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete