Saturday 29 September 2012

Never

Waking alone, stranded in a landscape of solitude
The lost boy inside howls in despair and pain
But the world doesn't care, on the outside he's a man
And the mirage he's been chasing for all these years
Is forbidden territory for ever, all that's left
Is a lifetime of contemplation of that most awful word
Redolent of hopelessness, terrifying, soul-destroying
Dripping with implacable finality, painted in darkness

Never

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Deep. I understand.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      You might imagine that I was in a thoroughly unhappy place when I wrote this, but, oddly, I wasn't. There was an instance of waking from a dream, but, for the rest, I was actually quite detached, analytical. I still can't 100% make myself believe it, though. There is still a faint glimmer of hope, somewhere at the bottom of my Pandora's Box.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete