Saturday 25 July 2015

Evolution

Laying in the long grass near the cliff's edge
Watching summer's sun and clouds through near-closed eyes
Smelling the salt breath of the sea
Thinking it would never end

Sitting at the grimy workplace window
Seeing the breeze of another summer
Blowing the tall weeds back and forth
Covering and uncovering the weary city

Feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes
Remembering all that's come and gone
Aching inside as I ponder the hurts
Wondering how the boy got so lost

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Cornwall...
    Ah, yeah, I get you, 100%

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Kent, actually, from my boyhood - I was born and raised in a seaside town rather nearer to France than to London, even. And the memory of laying on the clifftop predates, albeit not by more than a couple of summers, the recollection in the previous post. I don't know that I was truly happy, even then - I introspected too much even at that tender age - but compared with the majority of what ensued, it was paradisiacal.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete