Saturday 16 April 2011

Honeymoon

"It's beautiful here, isn't it?"

The man and his lover stood on the hotel balcony, watching the light drain from the evening sky as the sun dipped ever lower beneath the horizon, the clear colour fading and being gradually replaced by a glittering curtain of stars.

"Yes, I never imagined it would be as wonderful as this. And you know what the best thing of all is?"

"No....tell me."

"Being able to share it with you."

"Awww, you always say the loveliest things. I don't deserve you."

"It's me that doesn't deserve you. You deserve the best I'm able to give you - all these years I've been on my own, it's all worth it now. I'm so glad I found you, and I'm even happier that we've found a way to be together."

"I wonder what the people at home think....about where we've gone, I mean."

"They're probably thinking we're hiding in some remote cottage somewhere, and that it's only a matter of time before they find us, and take you back."

"That would be awful, to go back to all that hate and abuse. It's not going to happen, though, is it?"

"Of course not, darling. I suppose you should never say never, but we're as safe as we can be anywhere. The chances of anyone from home turning up here aren't very high."

"No exter....extra....I can't remember the word!"

"Extradition treaty, you mean?"

"Yeah, that's it. No extradition treaty from here."

The man laughed. "You're dead right there, sweetie! Come here and give me a hug."

The two opened their arms to each other and melted together.

"Oh, so good to be wrapped up with you....what I always wanted. It's just a shame we had to travel so far to be free."

"No regrets, sweetheart....it's what I always wanted too. What I've gained outweighs what I've given up so much, what went before wasn't even wrong."

The pair looked into each others' eyes, the love between them almost palpable.

"Take me to bed, you gorgeous man, I want you so much."

As the last dregs of daylight disappeared, the orange sky turned black, and somewhere amongst the myriad stars visible in the crystal clear night was a small, yellowish dot known to the dominant species on the third planet as 'The Sun'. The boy took the man's hand, and led him back into the room, the balcony door clicking shut behind them.

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment