Saturday 25 June 2011

Embrace

It's late, I'm on my own, as usual. Another day has passed without my having been able to connect, without finding a way to crawl through the event horizon of my isolation. I don't know how many more days like this I can live with, they seem to have always been with me, for as long as I can remember, back to the moment of creation. Always destined to be on the outside looking in, my nose pressed up against the toyshop window of life, while all the more favoured sons and daughters of the world are inside, choosing their presents. It's not as though I want anything extravagant, either, all I want is something that can be freely given, if the circumstances are right. All at once, I realise that what I want and need is never going to be there for me, and I turn away from the brightly lit tableau, to face the only way left open to me. The embrace of endless darkness.

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment