Monday 12 March 2012

Reasons

Please don't ask me, because I just don't know
Where the feelings come from, why they just won't go
Understanding your hurting, but I simply can't lie
How I wish I could tell you the reasons why

I beg for forgiveness, believe me, it's true
My caring, my loving is still there for you
You tell me I'm lying, I need you to see
When push comes to shove, I can only be me

Pretending and hiding, all these long years
Denying my being, suppressing the fears
Wasting my old age, like I lost my youth
Wishing it different can't alter the truth

Sorry's a word it's not easy to say
I know deep inside there's a price I must pay
I might die alone, but please look in my eyes
I just can't, any longer, live in disguise

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B


No comments:

Post a Comment