Wednesday 3 July 2013

Noosa Heads

Thanks to a very talented young man, I've woken up this morning to find that I have my first ever 'songwriting credit'. He tweaked the lyrics I wrote a little, you can hear the completed song here. This is the original version of the lyrics I wrote in January.

****

Gazing from the midnight window
City bathed in frozen moonlight
Constellations coldly shining
In the dark sky, high above me
No-one out there, nothing moving
Has the whole world died on this night
How can I have any hope left
Will I be trapped here forever

But in my dreams I see a place
Warmly peaceful, filled with beauty
Blue skies, blue sea, green the forest
White clouds slowly floating by me
Gentle waves that lap on the shore
Soft the breeze that kisses my face
Somewhere I can live as myself
Where the cruel world cannot judge me

Let the sunlight wash my soul clean
Melt the ice that chills me inside
Feel the sand beneath my footsteps
Help me escape from these cold streets
Free me, take me, please let me fly
Into the arms of the ocean
Second chance is all I'm asking
To set my soul free forever

****

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. PRETTY AWESOME!!! BOTH VERSIONS!!!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The way David did the song was spot on, my contribution was pretty minimal, really - but the kind words are much appreciated, as always.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete